Who Are We?
The Multicultural Business Students (MBS) is comprised of over 100 students from diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds who have career interests in business. MBS hosts many events to foster better networking between students and corporations. Companies such as Altria Distribution Company, General Motors, Ernst & Young, Dow Chemical, Enterprise, BP, General Mills, and Target give several corporate presentations each year. The MBS Annual Holiday Reception draws representatives from over 60 corporations, in addition to Broad College faculty and deans. MBS holds approximately ten meetings throughout the academic school year.
We as Multicultural Business Students of MSU are an undergraduate organization representing a diverse group of students in the College of Business and related majors. Our organization serves as a forum where its members can:
- Gain valuable communication, networking, and leadership skills
- Receive academic support
- Develop career goals
- Form life-long friendships
- Provide relevant leadership opportunities
- Create forums for networking with corporate professionals
- Increase awareness of career opportunities
- Support the development of professional skills necessary for career advancement
- Annual MBP Open House, Holiday Reception, Leadership Retreat, and Football Game/ Picnic
- Professional development workshops
- Corporate presentations
- Fundraising and Community service activities
- Professional and peer networking
Membership is open to all undergraduate Michigan State University students.
During this time, we are doing our best to minimize the spread and impact of the coronavirus pandemic. To encourage students to practice social distancing as recommended by MSU President Stanley and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), all MBS in-person events and meetings will be held via Zoom.